Acer vista laptop and bluetooth.

Les T 20:43 19 May 08

My Acer 5720 has a bluetooth button on a row of buttons above the keyboard. Now i know it does not have built in bluetooth, but just this night when i pressed the bluetooth button, "Bluetooth Enabled" was displayed and an activity light came on. Now following a search with my mobile and "no devices found", is the only way of adding bluetooth via either a pc card or a USB dongle? And which is the best?

Thanks in advance.

Ashrich 23:48 19 May 08

That sounds odd , having a message displayed and an activity light on , have you had a look in Control Panel to see if there is any reference to Bluetooth there ? By default I think it is hidden from other devices scanning until it is told to make itself visible , so a scan with your phone will show nothing .

Ashley

ambra4 12:46 20 May 08

"Bluetooth Enabled" was displayed and an activity light came on”

Go into device manager and check in network section if listed

It should also show up in network connection – Start – Setting – double click network

connection if listed right click – properties you now have to set up to scan for devices and

add the Bluetooth icon to the task bar

The Bluetooth system will only scan from the computer to the device for connection, and

not the other way around

Once connected to the Bluetooth device you have to enter the security code (0000) to

connect the device to the computer once connected you can than transfer data from the

device or to the device

Les T 16:20 21 May 08

Ashrich & ambra4, thanks for the replies folks, there is no reference to it either in the Control Panel or in the network settings. Any good recommendations for either a USB bluetooth dongle or PC card?

malcolme 17:22 21 May 08

I find the usb to be the best as I use it on my laptop and PC.

ambra4 17:49 21 May 08

Take a look at this one range is good as other only work at 10 meters also the price is not to high

Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter 100 Meters

click here

Or you can choose from the wide range

click here

Ashrich 19:54 21 May 08

The one I bought for my Dell laptop actually fits in a little compartment behind the battery , the connector was there already , there is an internal one for the Acer but it is a difficult fit as it goes under the wrist rest .

Ashley

Jollyjohn 21:07 23 May 08

Using your recovery cd, look for bluetooth driver and make sure it is installed. Then you should get a "My Bluetooth places" icon.
My Acer laptop gave the message "no devices found" until I installed the driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…