Acer V15 Nitro - Skippy Audio

arctic_anomaly 13:24 01 Jan 15

Hello,

I recently purchased an Acer Nitro. I use it for gaming, at least 5-6 hours a day, and I watch videos on youtube and films etc.

I have a noticeable issue, audio seems to skip and jutter about like the laptop is struggling a little. I do not have this problem when playing games, only when watching videos online, or watching films and TV shows.

When I use a DVD it is even worse, the audio skips and the video is in a jittery slow motion struggling to keep up, but that is okay as I don't really watch DVD.

I have updated drivers where possible, although I may have missed some.

The problem seems to be marginally worse when not using headphones, and is at its worst when a video, be it on the internet or video playing software, is first starting. The video never seems to stop or skip, it always seems to work perfectly, it is just the audio that has this problem.

I wonder if anyone would know what could be causing it and could offer any suggestions on a solution to fix this as frankly it is incredibly annoying.

I have had the laptop for 2-3 weeks, when playing games i am very happy and feel like my money was well spent, but when using the internet, watching videos/listening to music, the laptop at times feels old and not worth what i paid

Specs are as follows, taken from Acer Care Center;

Aspire VN7-571G

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (with Turbo Boost upto 2.7Ghz, but i am unsure how to do this) Memory: 6GB Hard Drive 1: 931.51 GB WD HArd Drive 2: 55.90GB LITEON Graphics Device 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Graphics Device 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M Audio Device: Realtek High Definition Audio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…