acer travelmate 4002lci problem!!!

human_error 07:05 09 Feb 11

i had been having problems with the power cord for mt laptop, it was broken in a few spots, but i fixed it all then one day my friend turned my laptop around to look at something and it just shut off. i try'd to find a problem but could not, so i got a new universal power cord for it and now the lights on the front come on i can press the power button and it turns on,( the power light lights up and the fan spins) but the screen is dead. i tryed a few thing but nothing and when i press the h or g key it makes a loud screeming noise....!!!! i really need help im tight on cash and my lappy is my life!! PLEASE HELP!!!

mooly 08:27 09 Feb 11

Hard to say.

I would try removing the adapter and the main battery.

Then press and hold the power button on the laptop for 20 seconds or so to discharge and reset logic.

Refit the battery and adapter and try again.

human_error 00:56 10 Feb 11

hey thanks for the help but i looked up how to pull apart my lappy and pulled it to bits then put it back together and no it works..

mooly 07:30 10 Feb 11

Pleased it's working...

Don't forget to tick the thread as resolved :)

human_error 12:08 10 Feb 11

thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…