'Acer Travelmate 230 fan problems'

jmg9190 16:04 13 Jun 05

I am having problems with my Acer Travelmate 230X, as when I play games such as Gta Vice-city, Need For Speed Underground 2 or Call-Of Duty the fan comes on and the games becomes impossibly jerky! Why is this! It has a 1.7 GHZ Processor, 512MB Ram, and meets all the minimum requirements to run these games! Is there a way of stopping this! It is incredibly infuriating! I hope someone can help, Thankyou!

Nelmon2k 17:53 13 Jun 05

It sounds like what is happening is your laptops processor is getting hot and therefore the fan is coming on. I'm not 100% sure as to why this is making it jerky. My only guesses are that it is either is getting hotter and this is affecting the processor in some way. The other one which I think of would be it nicking the power from it. I think the latters very unlikely though. Try reducing the quality when your playing the games so the processor doesnt have to work as hard. If that doesnt work ring tech support at acer and see if they can say anything about it

jmg9190 19:01 13 Jun 05

Thankyou I will look into that, yes it does strike me as slightly absurd!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…