Acer T135 wont restore from cd or hdd partition

JConcept4 12:00 13 Sep 08

Hey all,

an old pc we have for the kids was running slow so i thought i'd reinstall it today from the back-up dvd. Put the disks in, restarted and it all started working until it asked for another disk, the problem is the computer only made one dvd so now im stuck. I press enter and the menu just keeps coming back up again.

I thought i'd try booting from the partition as the cds maybe got corrupted, pressed alt and f10 on the restart and I get a black screen with TRAP 000000D.

Haven't got a clue what to do next, thought this would be painless but i've spent 2hrs messing and searching the internet for help.

Anybody know what i can do?

Thanks for any help in advance

JConcept4 12:30 13 Sep 08

well i turned the computer off for 10mins at the mains, tried again with alt and f10 and now its re-installed fine. I think the back-up dvd I have is corrupted and it had done something to the computer, I restarted the pc a few times but that corruption must of still been live. Looks like zapping the power sorted out the issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…