Acer T-180 Help...stuck at acer screen!

Jodes86 14:32 15 Sep 08

Today I had a electrician come to my house to fix a power point, anyways he didn't inform me that he was shutting off the power so I didn't get to shut down the pc.
Well after he left it was sitting here with the acer boot screen with the press del & press F12 thing.
Nothing works.
I saw a thread on this somewhere on this site, but have no idea what to do.
Keyboard lights are on..
Any ideas what the hell this bloke has stuffed in my pc?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 15 Sep 08

Unplug from mains
Hold power button in for 30 seconds and release

plug back into mains and retry.

tullie 17:07 15 Sep 08

Funny isent it that an electrician turns power off when installing power point lol

Jodes86 13:55 28 Sep 08

No good..still stuffed :(

skidzy 17:50 28 Sep 08

I had 4 Acers sent to me in the early part of this year,with exactly the same problem.

This is not normally hardware failure or software or driver conflict...it can normally be rectified by changing the mouse.

Have you changed your mouse recently ?
If so,plug in the original mouse and try to boot the pc.

If original mouse ..remove and replace.

Pomozki 00:02 25 Apr 10

My desktop hung on the white Acer screen after trying Parted Magic :( I couldn't believe the answer could be as simple as Fruit Bat's and thought it may just be a sarcastic remark. Well I did what he suggested and it WORKED! I was gob smacked. It just seemed so far fetched.

Thanks a gazillion FB!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…