Acer system restore cd

collinsc 13:21 27 Aug 07

does anyone have an acer?

am i right in saying we need to burn our own restore disc as we didnt get one with it?

how would one go about doing that?

Taff™ 13:26 27 Aug 07

Give us the make and model of Acer and we`ll let you know. Also let us know how old it is. Acer commonly asks you to burn a set of recovery Cd`s or one DVD as part of the original installation routine.

v1asco 13:28 27 Aug 07

You do, they even supply a blank DVD. I did mine when it asked on first starting.

You can email them here

click here

collinsc 13:31 27 Aug 07

its an acer aspire 5613awlmi
lx.ay50x.062

i never got a blank DVD..

its 1 week old...

Taff™ 13:53 27 Aug 07

You need to have a blank DVD-R and then look in Start>All Programs for Acer Management. I forget exactly which program it is but one of them allows you to make a Recovery DVD - Perhaps Bugle can give you the exact name.

I believe you can only do this once so I suggest you immediately make a second copy of the DVD and give it to someone else as a backup copy. Preferably a relative not in the same household in case of a disaster!

collinsc 14:01 27 Aug 07

thanks taff,
bugle- can you give the exact name?

does it matter that ive put some files on there already?

woodchip 14:10 27 Aug 07

You may have a Icon on the Desktop to do it with

collinsc 14:14 27 Aug 07

no there isnt....

Taff™ 14:23 27 Aug 07

Normally EVERY time you reboot a reminder box pops up unless someone ticks a box that says don`t remind me again!

collinsc 14:28 27 Aug 07

umm nope... i thought when it installed i chose to create a cd- but nothing happened...

rawprawn 14:35 27 Aug 07

For reference, my neighbour has just bought this laptop and wants me to help set it up when it is delivered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…