Acer Split Drive

NSBT 13:48 16 Sep 07

I have an acer desktop with split drive

When I reinstalled my ipod & itunes, I went through the normal setup, it has set up in C:/ drive, I wanted to split it onto a drive on it's own, is there anyway I can change it from C;/ drive without uninstalling and reinstalling?

crosstrainer 14:43 16 Sep 07

The "split drive" you refer to is almost certainly the recovery partition for your machine. It contains the information, drivers etc. to reinstall your system should it fail.

I would stick to the C partition for software.

NSBT 14:48 16 Sep 07

Before my system crashed, I had just the music saved on D:/

I had to do a complete reinstation and although I have set itunes up within the C:/ how can I get it back to the D:/?

NSBT 14:49 16 Sep 07

Perhaps I didn't make my OP clear.

woodchip 15:34 16 Sep 07

Do not change Partitions unless you Have full XP CD not Recover CD's as you will not Be able to restore your Computer. Unless you go buy Acronis True Image and Make a Image of C:\ to another Hard Drive. Not another Partition as you may lose it if the drive goes clonk

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:56 16 Sep 07

Leave the Itunes software on the C:drive.

You can store your music files wherever you want, D: drive if you wish.

Itunes - edit - advanced tab - general tab - Itunes Musicfolder location - change

NSBT 16:45 16 Sep 07

Hi Fruit Bat

Apologies for this, but I'm confused, however, your advice is very similar to what I want to do.

The very first time I installed my itunes, I remember I had a C: & D:

On installation of itunes I selected D: to store my music to and had no problems with it.

My hard drive crashed, under the warranty the manufacturer replaced the hard drive, now when I click on disc defragment I can only see C:

woodchip 17:23 16 Sep 07

Then it looks like you are up the creek. Only way now is Go buy Acronis True Image to make a Image of you C:\ drive you need another drive to copy Image to cannot remember if it will write direct to a USB hard drive. so it would mean fitting another hard drive as slave in your computer so you can backup your System for if it goes down again. As your Recovery CD's are no good now as the Drive as been changed. And if you do not do the above you will need to buy anew Operating System CD most likely you will not get XP it would be VISTA and you would then need all Vista Drivers for all your Hardware and Computer Drivers. as Above if you fit a new cheap Hard Drive that will become D:\ and you have a secure backup drive for if C:\ go's wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced