Acer Revo with wireless mouse and keyboard

peter99co 20:53 15 Jun 10

I purchased an Acer Revo R3600 and although the instructions say plug in the USB mouse and keyboard the contents of the box contained a wireless version of mouse/keyboard.

The mouse has a switch under and the keyboard has a button to press (for 1 second about) to connect.

Thank goodness I had spare USB kit to run initial set up.

I do not seem to be able to get the wireless mouse and keyboard to operate. Can anyone supply a fix?

The box contained a dongle and game control which does work. (the game control switches on the dongle which shows a blue light.) Attempts to use
the mouse/keyboard which have new batteries have failed so far.

T I M B O 22:03 15 Jun 10

If I felt the need to fix something that's new, I would take it back where I got it from.

peter99co 22:22 15 Jun 10

Feedback

"Oh and a tip for people who can't get the mouse/keyboard to work - there's a tiny USB adapter inside the battery compartment of the mouse that needs to be plugged into the machine in order to get the mouse and keyboard to work. This is briefly mentioned in the instructions but many people seem to not see this."

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:24 15 Jun 10

To use a wireless keyboard / mouse

you load a set of hid device drivers (if not already loaded) and plug a HID device into a USB port.

Insert batteries into keyboard / mouse

press the button on the Hid device and on the keyboard / mouse to "pair" the devices.

they should then work OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now