Acer Partitioned drive

pittza 10:48 AM 10 Jul 11

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire PC with C drive partitioned to make a F data drive, is it possible to make C drive bigger by moving the partition? at the moment they are equal. Thanks.

gengiscant 13:48 PM 10 Jul 11 The home/free edition will do want you want very simply.

pittza 14:28 PM 10 Jul 11

Taff™ 00:53 AM 12 Jul 11

Why make the C drive bigger? Normally you would move your data, Documents, Pictures, Music etc to the Other partition and leave just the OS and program files on the C partition. That way if you ever have to re-install the OS your data is safe.

Also note that in Vista and Windows 7 there is a built in partition manager. Drop a post back if you want details on either option.

Terry Brown 21:50 PM 14 Jul 11

Just seen your post, and if you do as Taff suggests the easiest option is

Create a folder (documents) on a drive with space to spare.

From the desktop, right click My Documents and change the default (highlighted) to the location of the new folder (or use browse for it)., when entered select MOVE and all you My documents files will be moved to the new folder, creating a lot more space on your C drive.

Access is exactly the same, and all new files will automaticly go to the new location.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know