acer new laptop 3690 and poor battery life

frankie 21:17 04 Feb 07

acer new laptop 3690 and poor battery life i only get 50 mins bought it in november followed advice on battery care,but only 50 mins dire or what,thanks for looking,ps the 50 mins is with battery saving options on too.ie cpu on 75%.brightness 50%

SANTOS7 21:21 04 Feb 07

my advice as its less then a year old, take it back,(the battery may be faulty) whatever we suggest you try may invalidate any warranty agreement..

skidzy 21:24 04 Feb 07

"cpu on 75%"

This i would look into....

Can you look in task manager and post back the exact details of what is using the cpu under processes.Though i would not think that would use the battery that quick.

Agree with Santos...send it back.

wjrt 21:57 04 Feb 07

most laptop batteries only have a 6 month warranty as they are regarded as replaceable. as before take it or send it back and the quicker the better

woodchip 21:59 04 Feb 07

If it's a desktop CPU it's not going to last much longer. Although you may be able to buy a long running battery for it

frankie 22:47 05 Feb 07

left it on charge all day today,on start got 37 mins remaining then went to 42 mins but downhill from there,will return to shop tomorrow,am i correct contract is with shop.ie money back or replacement,not to accept send off for repair?.

skidzy 22:53 05 Feb 07

"contract with shop"

They will probably send it away or order a new battery,im guessing they will try extremely hard not to give you a refund.Maybe even offer you a different model.

This also depends on your warranty,for example...on site repair/back to base/...it all depends im afraid.

frankie 23:02 05 Feb 07

thanks for looking only bought it in nov 2006 can i say not fit for purpose due to poor battery idealy am looking to pin shop down its comet uk bought from shop basically whats my rights ads say battery 2-5 hours,dont want to go into shop firing blanks this was a popular model so will post outcome on here for others so want to get it right

frankie 23:16 05 Feb 07

thanks for looking only bought it in nov from comet shop in yarmouth uk,obviously not fit for purpose, send it away i dont find that acceptable,any more idea on my rights

skidzy 23:20 05 Feb 07

click here some limited info for you,i suspect they will order a new battery.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…