Acer Laptopwon't power-up

myfoot 13:21 25 May 07

I had this problem maybe a month back but now I can't find the thread. So I have the battery in and power connected. But there is no power light showing either Green/Green or Green>yellow =charging. It doesn't react at all to the ON button.

If I remeber correctly there is a Keyboard combination or something like holdng the "escape" key for 10 seconds.

But have no idea any more what it was.I had the same problem maybe 4 weeks ago, and I just can't rember the key-combo. It was like the key-combo was a way of freeing the system of static build-up. It was like remove all power supplies battery/power cord and then hold some button for 10 seconds. Will have to go on searching.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:02 25 May 07

Remove battery and try to power from mains only.

myfoot 14:51 25 May 07

@Fruit Bat /\0/\. Tried it every which way. I must say it's not looking good. Maybe the same problem a month ago was a warning. Heard from an Acer support thread that we have on a forum here in Ireland, click here "" If your trying to remove static, which is usually just a short term fix, you would remove the battery and power cable and simply hold the power button in for at least 30-60 secs to discharge all the capacitors etc.

Although, from experience this is often a temporary solution and the problem will most likely happen again.""" that by removing all power sources and holding "ON" button for 30 to 60 seconds all capacitors can be discharged, but warned that this was only temporay fix. So will take it to local PC repair man and hope it's economical to repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…