Acer laptop wont charge

Spewy 11:18 22 Jul 07

Hi again all,

As above my Acer Aspire 3000 wont charge. Charger seems to be okay (power light on) the laptop has been switching off periodically for the past week. Leave it on charge for a while and it comes back on, when the charger is plugged in the laptop doesn't recognise this and shows that i am running on battery!

I have searched related topics and noted that i haven't run the battery down and recharged as much as i should have, this was due to the poor run time since new.

Even with the battery out the laptop won't start, I could be wrong but i'm sure this has always been the case.
It's approx 18 month old.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Spewy.

crosstrainer 11:20 22 Jul 07

You have a faulty charger and / or battery. Can you borrow the same charger and try it on yours?

Spewy 11:25 22 Jul 07

Don't know anyone with the same laptop, I will ask around though.

crosstrainer 11:29 22 Jul 07

Take it to a local Acer dealer, and ask them to check it out for you....Off the top of my head the chargers retail for around 30.00, and the batteries about the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…