ACER laptop with Vista

Daisy22 20:13 28 Dec 08

My 2 kb PC with Vista is almost full and I am wondering if I can delete ACER Empowering Technology, plus any of the other ACER programmes without it affecting any other programmes on the PC.

I don't have too many photos, no music so am not sure why the C drive is almost full. I've already taken off games that came with the Vista package.

Any help gratefully listened to.

brundle 20:16 28 Dec 08

Yes you can get rid of them.
View drive usage with; click here

Reset (but don't actually reduce) the space used for Vista's System Restore; click here

brundle 20:17 28 Dec 08

Disk cleanup; click start orb, type in the search box;

cleanmgr

press return

or

CCleaner to clear temporary files; click here

tullie 20:18 28 Dec 08

Hope its not a 2kb pc?As far as i am aware,you dont need any of the Acer products,i removed mine vages ago.can you give us info on your hard drive,operating system etc.

MAT ALAN 20:22 28 Dec 08

My 2 kb PC with Vista is almost full

That would be Vista then...

Daisy22 21:15 28 Dec 08

Sorry I meant 2 gb.

It's got 2 drives, C drive and D drive. D drive has 44.1 GB free but C drive says only 3.00 GB free.

Operating system is Vista - which I've got used to and quite like although I know it takes up a lot of space.

So I'll take off all the ACER software which should free up some space. What else uses up space? I don't even have a printer or scanner on here and no other programmes, apart from a camera software, so not much really.

Thanks for help

Simmpy 21:26 28 Dec 08

You have plenty of space on the D drive, I'm not an expert but I am assuming (as I have an Acer Laptop with a similar set up) you can just start using the D drive when the C is nearly full?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009