Acer laptop upgrade problems help needed

golfpro 15:14 06 Nov 07

I am trying to upgrade the ram on my Acer TravelMate 5720 laptop.
According to the instructions on the revers side there is a an entrance to the Ram module in the middle of the back cover, covered with a plastic lid and one screw. But when I turn this over all I have is a large cover with six screws around the out side and one in the middle. I have tried loosening these but the cover refuses to budge.
If anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful.
The laptop is a German model and there is nothing on the English sites regarding model.

Totally-braindead 15:57 06 Nov 07

I cannot help specifically with your laptop but I can explain about one I had apart last week for a memory upgrade, an Evesham.

The cover removed by first removing all the screws but the cover was a very tight fit, there was a small area where you could get a screwdriver in to prize the cover off but there were also 2 plastic catches which fitted into notches about half way down the cover. Once I had it prized off at the top it was necessary to bend the cover slightly to allow the catches to come away from the slots.

I realise its a different laptop but it may well be something similar in yours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…