acer laptop problems

plmht 21:44 06 Jan 11

Hi
My wife has a Acer 5320 laptop running Vista home basic.sometime ago it developed a problem,more often tha not it will not boot up and the screen is just grey, sometimes with vertical coloured lines although the wireless network light and the memory light both flash. the only option is to switch off and try to re start which can take 4,5, or 6 attempts but eventually will start up.After trying updating drivers,altering screen resolution,running microsoft fix it centre,antivirus & anti-spyware programs,upgraded the ram from 1mb to 3mb.
i have done a full system re install,have connected an external monitor & the laptop is starting on the external monitor ok but not on the laptop screen.
Once it is running it will re-start but if shut down will not boot up again,without several attempts.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

ronlin 22:34 06 Jan 11

I had this problem a while ago with an xp laptop , iwas told some of the LEDs wernt working and i would have to get a new screen , which was so expensive i bought a new laptop , hope you have better luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…