Acer laptop power management problem

janetb 06:53 28 Mar 08

Please can someone help - I have an Acer Extensa laptop with XP professional. It worked fine at first but now the e-powermanagement will not open, and there is an 'out of range' error on start up. The battery is not being recharged. There was no software supplied with the laptop so I can't reinstall the epowermanagement software. The acer website doesn't have the software available to download (as far as I can see). I am working in China and don't know the language so hard to ask locally for help. I am not very techy so would appreciate simple step by step instructions. Any help much appreciated!

MAJ 08:26 28 Mar 08

1. For the 'out of range' error, try this. click here

2. What is the model number of the Acer Extensa laptop?

3. The battery not charging sounds more serious, has it been progressively getting worse over the past few months or has it stopped charging all of a sudden?

janetb 08:41 28 Mar 08

Hi Maj
The model number is 5610. I don't think the out of range message is to do with the monitor, it does not say 'signal out of range'. I don't have the laptop here at the moment so can't check the actual message, but it is definately connected to the disappearance of the empowering technology toolbar. It has happened before and a guy in UK managed to fix it, but I don't know how. The battery not charging is because the empowering technology software isn't working.
Any other ideas gratefully received. Thanks for your help

MAJ 09:05 28 Mar 08

The Acer ePower managament utility requires the Microsoft .Net Framework installed, janetb, check in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs to see if you have it installed.

janetb 09:39 28 Mar 08

Yes that is installed.
The message on start up is
Empowering.Framework.Launcher.exe has generated an exception that could not be handled.

MAJ 09:51 28 Mar 08

Try reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 click here make sure to read that link, especially the bit about uninstalling previous versions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now