acer laptop-downgrade from vista to XP

hymerman 14:29 12 Nov 07

Taking heed of advice from this forum I paid for a downgrade to XP on my Acer travel/mate 5720, this from Laptops direct. I now learn that no recovery is available for the downgrade that any recovery would be from the Vista discs that were supplied.
I found this out as I had attempted to use an XD camera memory card only to bring up an error. I am able to use an SD memory card from my other camera.
I am advised that the answer is to revert to Vista, this being the only way of utilizing all the travel/mates capabilities.
The Laptop direct sales guy that did not inform me of all the ramifications has now evidently left the company

Totally-braindead 16:27 12 Nov 07

If thats the only problem that the downgrade has caused then you could buy a memory card reader and plug it into your USB port click here
I realise you'd prefer to use the built in one but I presume that you can't do that.

I presume the drivers listed for XP here click here do not include the one for the card reader?

xania 16:06 13 Nov 07

If you know the make of the reader, you maight be able to get a driver from the website. Otherwise, speak nicely to Acer (yes - I know its a pain) and see if they can help either with a driver or at least with the make of reader so you know were to go.

hymerman 18:54 13 Nov 07

Thanks for the advice guys, I don't think I've got the patience to take on Acer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac