Acer Laptop Cannot find wireless network

nebuchan 11:08 23 Sep 05

Hello, I'm having trouble with my bros laptop, yesterday it was working fine on our wireless network, today it is not. It is not able to detect any wireless networks, so cant connect. the wireless is working as 2 other computers can connect and they are further away.
I'm thinking it is something erong with the laptop, purely as it cant detect the network.

I have checked that the wireless is enabled.

Cheers

ps, i have posted this in the network forum, however that seems a little quiet this morning, and my bro is taking his laptop to uni tomorow, so i need to sort this today!

nebuchan 11:31 23 Sep 05

i think the channel of the router was ANY and the channel of the laptop was 11, so changed them both back to 11 and work fine.

JYPX 11:33 23 Sep 05

This is just a long shot, but I had this a couple of days ago. During a process of elimination I changed the wireless setting in Acer Launch Manager back to the default setting - Allways On, and then re-booted. It was then fine.

JYPX 11:34 23 Sep 05

Ok - glad you are sorted !!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…