Acer iDea 500. HDMI output

i've no idea 11:19 26 Jun 06

I have bought the new Aspire iDea media PC but am having trouble getting it to display HDMI output on my pioneer plasma TV.
Managed to get it to work once but the resolution was set to 525 and didn't give any other resolution options.
Have managed to successfully output via component option but again only at 525 res.
Have been trying various setting via media centre setting wizard for display (Windows Media Centre).
Anyone any ideas?

foobar_666uk 09:36 08 Jul 06

I have also got the Acer Aspire Idea 500 and am having troubles using the HDMI output. I have a SONY BRAVIA 42" LCD Screen and I cant get ANYTHING out of the HDMI at all!

Also the PC input on my LCD screen only supports 4:3 aspect resolutions such as 1024 x 768, so without HDMI I get black bars left and right of the image, not to distort the image! (CR*P!)

Another problem, I cant get the IR Blasters to recognise either SKY or SKY+ remote controls!

I found the user manuals and instructions for the Acer Aspire iDea 500 VERY poor!

Any help is much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…