Acer Harddrives

pittza 10:55 17 Jan 10

Hi, I have just bought a new PC, its a Acer Aspire
running Windows 7, my question is what is the second drive for? its called Data (F:), its the same size as the (C:) drive (141 GB) but its empty! can I use it?

Cheers Pitza.

bremner 11:31 17 Jan 10

Acer have for a long time partitioned the one hard drive in their machines into C and D volumes.

To my mind this is pointless although I know others have differing opinions.

Yes you can save anything you want to the D drive.

mooly 12:05 18 Jan 10

Acers own backup program (similar to Acronis) stores the images on the D partition.

Do Acer still include such a backup program ? if so make use of it... it's good :) allowing full and incremantal/differentials backups etc.

Strawballs 22:25 18 Jan 10

If you store all of your data to the D drive that you would not want to loose if a format is required to a corrupt windows then only the C drive would need format and data unlost.

raziel08 23:07 18 Jan 10

Note that if your hard drive goes up in smoke then you will not be able to use the recovery discs that you made with erecovery. This program needs a hidden partition to be present on the hard drive. Therefore you should clone the drive as soon as possible.

dasli 13:00 22 Jan 10

mmm...thank for information:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…