Acer eRecovery Manager

Umbrella 17:43 PM 09 Feb 13

My acer file with eRecovery manager is missing. Does anyone know where can I download it from please.

lotvic 18:52 PM 09 Feb 13

Either from the Acer website or softpedia.com Acer-eRecovery-Management

Umbrella 11:03 AM 14 Feb 13

I tried Acer website and the only things I can download are drivers, Manuals, and apps such as Acer Updater. Softpedia.com is only for Vista and laptops. My acer aspire X3400 is a Windows 7 Desktop.

Umbrella 11:53 AM 16 Feb 13

I have been able to make a system image but not a system recovery because the eRecovery manager is not there. I am now waiting for acer to get back to me. Thanks

Taff™ 09:50 AM 17 Feb 13

Are you trying to restore to factory settings or restore from the image. (How was the image created by the way?)

When you say the "Acer File with eRecovery manager is missing" are you talking about the All Programs shortcut or has the actual program been deleted? (C:\ProgramFiles\Acer\Acer eRecovery Management)

You can get to eRecovery Management by pressing the Alt + F10 key on start up. (As soon as You see the Acer logo in the POST) From there you should be able to restore to factory settings or from an Acer image.

Umbrella 20:36 PM 23 Feb 13

Taff. The image was created by windows recovery, and Yes the(C:\ProgramFiles\Acer\Acer eRecovery Management)has been deleted. I have done the Alt + F10 key on start up and there is no Acer logo in the POST. Therefore I don't think I can restore to factory settings. Jock1e. Your right Acer does want £56 plus for a CD. Therefore I am taking your advice and downloading W/7 ISO with SP1 from the website you gave earlier. Thanks for that.

Taff™ 08:42 AM 24 Feb 13

Try The Alt + F10 a few times anyway and hit the key combination several times on each boot - roughly twice a second. It should work if the recovery partition is still intact.

Have you got all your data backed up anywhere? If you go down the next option via Jok1e's route you will potentially lose it. Even if you restore the Windows backup straight away, was it a recent image?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone