Acer Equium a100-147 DC connector problems

Nebky 22:30 23 Oct 10

Hello,
Im having problems with my Acer Equium A100-147's power connection. after a little research I think the DC connector inside the laptop is cracked/broken. i have little knowlege of how i would go about fixing such a problem as im only 16. However i'de much rather do it myself if its not too hard to do.
Ive found multiple guides on replacing laptop connectors but the problem im having is tracking down the right connector for this model. Any help/advice would be much apritiated.
-Ben

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:02 23 Oct 10

I commend your enthusiasm in wanting to have ago.

However it is not easy stripping a laptop down so you can get at the DC jack connection, never mind rebuilding again.

Also not that easy to de-solder re-solder a new jack onto the board without destroying the tracks a lot of practice is needed.
A laptop is an expensive place to start learning.

My advice would be to get it done professionally as you are then covered if they mess it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…