acer aspire wont boot when hdmi cable plugged in

tutartis 17:53 28 Nov 07

I have an acer aspire idea 500 which I purchased a year ago and was connected to a CRT via SCART. I now have a Pioneer PDP-506XDE but the system refuses to boot when connected using the HDMI lead [even when the Plasma is turned off!]. It does connect via SCART and once booted, I can plug in the HDMI lead and view the Plasma as expected. I have suggested to Acer, that it is a problem with their BIOS but they say 'We are unable to support compatibility issues with 3rd party devices.' and 'We would not be able to provide information on how to update the bios on your machine. If the upgrade is performed incorrectly, this would void the warranty. '

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

woodchip 17:57 28 Nov 07

The TV should be turned on then change to HDMI after that turn the Computer on. That's how I do it with a 32ins LCD TV

woodchip 17:58 28 Nov 07

PS you should not plug or unplug anything other than USB in a computer as you will blow Graphics and or Motherboard

woodchip 17:59 28 Nov 07

While it's switched on

tutartis 18:25 28 Nov 07

I have tried with the TV on and off, it makes no difference, if the HDMI lead is plugged in, then it wont boot :-(

if it is unplugged, then the system will boot and i can then plug in the HDMI lead and all is well

Thanks for the suggestion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced