Acer aspire turns itself off before boot

GGmangoZz 20:34 30 Nov 14

Hello my laptop turns off before it boots, it only boots the acer logo then turns its self off.
I think I has something to do with my hardrive as when I take it out it stays on. However someone recommended me to try and insert this avg rescue disk and since has been doing this with the hard drive unplugged I have recently wiped my hardrive and then I turned it back on about a month later and it turned on fine. However I went on a website and it turned off. The start up repair came up and finished but run out of battery before I clicked finish. Now I have sometimes been able to load the start up repair disk which I have got from another PC and that has not worked because no operating system had been found and I cant anything except open the command prompt. Please help Im getting really frustrated with it now and I need it for school.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:19 30 Nov 14

Make and model?

REfit HDD

Check BIOS can see the drive if still struggling set BIOS to default and retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…