Acer Aspire T671 Will not start up.

cabiggsy 20:49 30 Dec 09

My computer has stopped working, it will not boot up at all. When switched on it makes the right noises and the power light comes on, the DVD drive starts etc. but you only get an intermitant beep when the boot sequence should start. Have checked connections inside and out. Anyone got any ideas.

woodchip 20:58 30 Dec 09

intermitant beep Faulty Graphics or Memory. is this a Desktop if so try with one strip of memory at a time

cabiggsy 21:26 30 Dec 09

Yes it is a desktop, the processor is not starting up. How do I try one strip of memory at a time?

woodchip 22:09 30 Dec 09

You need to take the side off your comp Left side the Srips will be in low slots not big cards, But you could also try Reseating the Graphics card also the one that is connected to Monitor. Turn the Mains Power off before doing any of the above. Memory as little clip at each end that you press back away from memory and it pushes the card out. Graphics if as a card will be fixed by a Screw and clip at other end from Screw

cabiggsy 18:32 04 Jan 10

No I am afraid that it made no change except that the beep was continuous after removing first strip and after refitting became intermitant again. I think I will take it in for an estimate.
Thanks anyway.

woodchip 20:04 04 Jan 10

Could be a Graphics card Fault

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017