acer aspire t180

robbo72 16:50 23 Sep 09

hi i just brought a new recovery disk for the acer aspire t180 do i just load disk all do i need to click on one of the f button

thanks rob

mooly 16:55 23 Sep 09

You might need to change the "boot order" in the BIOS to get it to autorun from the disc.
To do this press F2 as it first boots up and the Acer "splash screen" is displayed. Goto "boot" and change the order so that the CD/DVD drive is first in the list and save the change.
When all is OK and you've reinstalled windows you can at any time put the HDD back to first in the boot list (recommended to do that)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 23 Sep 09

Stay with one thread on this subject it cause confusion. Post replies in the box at the bottom of this page.

please tick resolved on your other thread.

Acer Recovery Instructions

1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit

robbo72 18:25 23 Sep 09

when i click on erecovery it say restore from cd/dvd it say back up disk so i take it i do not use recovery disk

mooly 18:45 23 Sep 09

The recovery disc (CD) is the last option to use. All Acers have a hidden partition on the HDD with an image of the operating system so you can restore it all back to as it was on day one.
Your question was how to use the recovery discs implying you had no other choice available to you :)
There should be a full Acer user manual installed as a PDF. That will explain all the recovery options available to you.
If you can access ERecovery from within windows or from by pressing ALT and F10 as Fruit Bat explained then you don't need the disc (CD) to recover the laptop.

robbo72 19:14 23 Sep 09

went i try erecovery i get to blue screen which keep saying error so look like it might have to be recovery disk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017