Is the Acer Aspire supposed to come with a case?

bengreenslade 23:17 13 Aug 08

Hi,
I just got an Acer Aspire One from my local Currys retailer. Now this was brand new all factory sealed and everything. Now from what I have seen on videos from youtube, everyone seems to be getting a free sleeve case which they will use to protect the laptop.

My model is the entry model (£250)
Linux 512MB Ram 8GBSDD and I do not seem to have a case, does anyone know why might this be? is the case free on only on like some upgraded models, or is it in other countries etc I am living in the UK. could it be that they have simply not supplied me with a case when they should of?

If someone could help me with this issue then that would be great

Thanks
Ben

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:57 13 Aug 08

I didn't get a case/sleeve with my Acer.

Yours sounds like an EEEPC, I'd be surprised if they came as standard

crosstrainer 06:16 14 Aug 08

No it's not a standard option (as with most lappy's) you have to buy the case seperately. You might be able to coax a dealer into giving you one, but the profit margins are so small on the one that I doubt it.

Gongoozler 06:46 14 Aug 08

You can get a suitable case from Tesco for about £10.

dms_05 09:26 14 Aug 08

I bought an Acer Aspire from eBuyer and they bundled a case as a promotional offer but it isn't standard to include one. I bought a laptop sleeve from Tesco for £6.95.

crosstrainer 09:28 14 Aug 08

We throw in cases with the Aspire and high end laptops, but the One comes without. As posted above you can get them for under a tenner in Tesco's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch