Is the Acer Aspire supposed to come with a case?

bengreenslade 23:17 13 Aug 08

Hi,
I just got an Acer Aspire One from my local Currys retailer. Now this was brand new all factory sealed and everything. Now from what I have seen on videos from youtube, everyone seems to be getting a free sleeve case which they will use to protect the laptop.

My model is the entry model (£250)
Linux 512MB Ram 8GBSDD and I do not seem to have a case, does anyone know why might this be? is the case free on only on like some upgraded models, or is it in other countries etc I am living in the UK. could it be that they have simply not supplied me with a case when they should of?

If someone could help me with this issue then that would be great

Thanks
Ben

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:57 13 Aug 08

I didn't get a case/sleeve with my Acer.

Yours sounds like an EEEPC, I'd be surprised if they came as standard

crosstrainer 06:16 14 Aug 08

No it's not a standard option (as with most lappy's) you have to buy the case seperately. You might be able to coax a dealer into giving you one, but the profit margins are so small on the one that I doubt it.

Gongoozler 06:46 14 Aug 08

You can get a suitable case from Tesco for about £10.

dms_05 09:26 14 Aug 08

I bought an Acer Aspire from eBuyer and they bundled a case as a promotional offer but it isn't standard to include one. I bought a laptop sleeve from Tesco for £6.95.

crosstrainer 09:28 14 Aug 08

We throw in cases with the Aspire and high end laptops, but the One comes without. As posted above you can get them for under a tenner in Tesco's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…