acer aspire problem

Debzz 19:38 11 Dec 09

hi ive got a acer aspire 7000 series , well it will not boot up when warm , if i put it in a cold room for about an hour it will start , but if i shut it down it will not boot up again unless cold , any ideas how to fix it , ive been told not to turn it off but not sure if u can leave a laptop on 24/7 , hope some one can help me here , thanks in advance , Debzz

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 11 Dec 09

Is this both off battery and mains?

Debzz 20:39 11 Dec 09

yes it is Fruit Bat its all very strange lol

woodchip 20:45 11 Dec 09

try it without the battery, just on mains

Debzz 21:03 11 Dec 09

yea have done that . also done the take out battery and press power button for upto 60 seconds ,

woodchip 21:05 11 Dec 09

Try removing the Hard Drive from bottom of Laptop then refit it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:15 11 Dec 09

Is DC jack socket loose?
Have you tried putting a vac cleaner against the grills to suck out all the dust and fluff?

Debzz 21:22 11 Dec 09

no the dc socket is not loose , and have not tried the vacum thing yet , is it safe to do that ? as a mate did that to his pc and it blew up , not sure if its the same on a laptop ,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 11 Dec 09

Won't hurt the laptop with the nozzle up against the side grills.

mooly 07:33 12 Dec 09

It is a strange problem.
When you say "won't boot up" how far does it get ?
Does the power light come on, does it get as far as the Acer logo on screen etc ?

Also if left at normal room temperature say overnight, (with all power off) will it not boot next day. Do you actually have to make it colder still ?

Make sure that it's not misleading you, is it the act of disconecting it and moving it somewhere cold that's "fixing it" or is it genuinely just the temperature that's causing it.

Might be worth making sure the RAM is seated properly... I'm guessing it's under a cover on the base and easy to access (As on my Aspire)... should show in the manual.

Debzz 10:27 12 Dec 09

hi mooly when boot up when warm the screen is black no acer logo nothing comes up at all, and if left in normal room temperature over night , all power off , it will not boot the next day , when i put it in a cold room for about an hour , it then boots up , i know its a strange problem lol , ill check the ram is in properly also thanks for that advice , any more advice would b appriciated , cheers again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017