Acer aspire problem

LEEDASH 18:53 10 Oct 08

1st off my cd/dvd drive wont work,tried everything,nothing.Rung acer they said do a refresh/restore and set laptop back to original status.ok,waited for email instructions,nothing.Anyone know how to do this ? acer fone line now closed ! damm Also it gives u the option to make back up cd's ? clueless i am help required all welcome

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 10 Oct 08

cd/dvd drive wont work

operating system? XP, Vista?

does it open?
can you see it in My computer?
can you see it in device manager?

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)
click here
Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.
This utility is only intended for Windows® XP, but also appears to work for Vista.
You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

or
Run regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

click here

tullie 19:06 10 Oct 08

Before you do anything back it up as its telling you.

LEEDASH 19:07 10 Oct 08

vista acer 5315,done exactly what u put last night nothing.makes a spinning noise and lights up once,does have system 39.My laptop does need refreshing so any help on this restore subject ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…