acer aspire l320 failure to boot

marie1972 16:54 05 May 10

bought said computer 28 months ago which is now out of warranty. contacted comet where we bought it from and was told and engineers report was needed. Took it to comet and pd £59.99 for their engineer to look at it. came back with new motherboard needed. cost £211.50. this i think is not acceptable. contacted consumer direct was told to write letter of complaint. was contacted by comet today and offered a discount off the repair, but she couldnt tell me how much until they had the engineers report. I dont want the pc repaired as the repair is only guranteed for 3 months and wont receive a new part only a recon. Does anyone know of any article/report that suggests there is a manufacturers fault or something on this pc to help in taking our claim further. thanks in advance

mgmcc 17:20 05 May 10

Google finds a few examples of that model failing click here

marie1972 19:11 05 May 10

thanks about google, ive chcked these out but its got to be something more than other pc user with the same problem, like an article or something

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…