Acer Aspire E15 Running Slow

GavinBirrell 16:46 14 Apr 15

Hi everyone, i hope someone can help me out here. I just got a new Acer Aspire E15 on the 9th of April and it has run slow from the start. I've tried to delete some pre-installed apps/games etc but it doesnt seem to have done anything. The only things i have downloaded are Microsoft Office and Mcafee. It is apps and webpages which run slowly and even on different internet connections it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Thanks!

annetho 17:24 15 May 15

I had this problem for a couple years. I tried all the internet tips like power settings, updated the driver etc. Finally edited the wifi adapter settings and now it works properly for the first time. If only I'd have done it sooner. It may not work for you but might be worth a try. Good luck.

Steps: Control Panel System Device Manager Qualcomm Atheros AR 956x Wireless Network Adapter Right click / properties Changed 3 settings: Receive buffers to 512 Ensure transmit buffers are also 512 Scan valid changed to 120 Wireless mode selection changed from 5 to 4 (don't need b) Save and close Restart if no change Cross fingers

wee eddie 17:32 15 May 15

Just a thought: Might you now have 2 Anti Virus Programs installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017