Acer Aspire 6935

umer.hakeem@live.com 11:26 30 Jul 11

hello I have an Acer Aspire 6935 with nividia force 9600M GS, I bought it 2 years ago with windows vista, I changed it to windows 7 till last week it was working fine then I thought to reinstall the windows. I changed the Boot priority to USB, it didn't pick up, I changed it again and restarted the the laptop and it got stuck at the main page where the "Acer" is written and "press F2 for Set-up" is written, I cant not do any thing, nothing is working, I do press F2 but it does not work. I have been told that it is Bios Problem and I should flash it, the method was to format the flash drive with FAT and then put the flash drive in having latest bios, press Simultaneously Fn+Esc with power key. I tried it couple of times but it is not working that way. Just wanted to as if there is any other way to fix it.

thanks regards M.Hakeem

woodchip 11:51 30 Jul 11

To me you do not know enough to Flash the BIOS, your best bet is steer clear of BIOS.

What about running your Vista Restore CD

woodchip 11:53 30 Jul 11

PS If that's you E-Mail I would change it double quick before the wrong person gets hold of it. Create a new Login Name

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 30 Jul 11

Try removing CMOS battery for 10 mins to see if it will reset BIOS to default settings.

Machine may then well work again Flashing BIOS is an absolute last resort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced