Acer Aspire 6530 and the volume

exdragon 17:05 02 Aug 10

Hi - does anyone have any idea what I can try to do to increase the volume on my laptop? The sound card is a Realtek HD Audio and all the drivers are the latest versions. When playing a CD from the CD drive, it's something akin to playing it under water.

I imported all tracks in to iTunes, which was somewhat better, increased the volume to 100% in iTunes/Music/Get Info and have likewise put every volume control I can find up to the max.

I've tried Windows Media Player and Acer's own programme Arcade, but have trouble hearing anything from more than six feet away - and my hearing is the equivalent to 20/20 vision. (I know it's a 'laptop' but I wanted to listen to it whilst ironing and simultaneously running a full scan on the desktop - I'm a woman, so I can multitask!)

I've just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Am I missing something obvious, or is it just tough?

Thanks!

exdragon 21:39 02 Aug 10

Any takers,anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…