Acer Aspire 6530 and the volume

exdragon 17:05 02 Aug 10

Hi - does anyone have any idea what I can try to do to increase the volume on my laptop? The sound card is a Realtek HD Audio and all the drivers are the latest versions. When playing a CD from the CD drive, it's something akin to playing it under water.

I imported all tracks in to iTunes, which was somewhat better, increased the volume to 100% in iTunes/Music/Get Info and have likewise put every volume control I can find up to the max.

I've tried Windows Media Player and Acer's own programme Arcade, but have trouble hearing anything from more than six feet away - and my hearing is the equivalent to 20/20 vision. (I know it's a 'laptop' but I wanted to listen to it whilst ironing and simultaneously running a full scan on the desktop - I'm a woman, so I can multitask!)

I've just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Am I missing something obvious, or is it just tough?

Thanks!

exdragon 21:39 02 Aug 10

Any takers,anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…