Acer aspire 5920g black screen

Jmartin4403 17:43 PM 19 Mar 12

I have an acer aspire 5920g and it fell on the ground it worked fine afterwards but when i went to turn it on after a few days all I got was a black screen the laptop turns on but the screen, when i use a vga lead i can see the screen on the tv perfect. I just need some help as i have no idea what to do. Please help?

robin_x 19:25 PM 19 Mar 12

Can you see any actual damage to the screen? Cracks etc. Look carefully all around.

Shine a torch on the screen. If you can see a dim image, there is a problem with backlight, inverter or cable.

If nothing, the screen or LCD cable is the culprit.

(cables/connectors could have been dislodged if lucky)

You'll need to open it up and have a look.

Disassembly links

Backlight links

Have a read of a few of those and see how you feel about having a go yourself.

Post back if you get stuck or need more info.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:31 PM 19 Mar 12

when i use a vga lead i can see the screen on the tv perfect

sounds as if you have jarred something loose.

power connection to inverter of screen ribbon cable connection from you description.

clck here ifor tutorial for replacing inverter, shows how to get to screen connections

robin_x 19:33 PM 19 Mar 12

Could also be a problem with the lid switch (aka LCD Cover Switch). It may have moved or not operating correctly.

I found your service guide as well.

STREETWORK 19:45 PM 19 Mar 12

Try this.

Press CTRL and F7 togeather and see if this causes a flicker or the screen returns...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11