Acer Aspire 5610 screen glows bright red

northbynature 14:04 26 Aug 10

i have an Acer Aspire 5610 laptop at home with a problem i cannot seem to get my head round.

whenever i turn it on the screen glares bright red and the acer startup screen shows and the laptop does nothing. I can get into the BIOS settings but then the screen goes dark as if the backlight on the screen is off and i can just make out the information. also i cannot boot to the OS, not even in Safe Mode. I got the screen replaced less than a year ago and from what i can tell there is no sign of physical damage.

i took the motherboard out to see of the onboard graphics chip has blown but again i cannot tell

Im fairly competent when it comes to computer repair but laptops arent really my speciality.
any help would be appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 26 Aug 10

try a BIOS reset by removing all power including CMOS battery and using clear BIOS jumper settings.

reconnect and try a reboot.

woodchip 16:06 26 Aug 10

Backlight or the inverter as failed,

woodchip 16:10 26 Aug 10

Have a Look Hear click here

woodchip 16:12 26 Aug 10
  logrin 16:24 26 Aug 10

When I first used MS Word I found a helpful hint in PC Advisor by which I could store my address in a file and print it out by simply pressing one of the "f" keys.Saving minutes of one finger typing.
Unfortunately I mislaid the little book the hints came in.
My new computer has Word on it, where can I find your hints? logrin

woodchip 22:17 26 Aug 10

You should start your own thread, not jump in on someone else's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…