acer aspire 5332 no sound

alan2k1 09:24 AM 20 Aug 11

hi i have upgraded this laptop to windows 7, as it has 4gb of memory i used the 64bit version ...all went fine but there is no sound. in device manager there are no missing drivers. i have installed all the automatic updates plus the drivers from acer including chipset and audio but still no sound in either speakers or headphones. when you play a track there is activity when you click on the speaker icon the green indicator shows activity. i then started again using the 32 bit version and on completion of the windows7 install before installing any other drivers sound was there fine it must be a driver issue but cant see where to go next any help would be great thanks alan

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:55 AM 20 Aug 11 second driver on this page is for your machine.

alan2k1 15:45 PM 20 Aug 11

hi many thanks fruit bat but that driver is the 1 i have used sadly doesnt work ..its that same driver for the 32bit version and that works fine but not for the 64 bit i have tried drivers from acer above and below the 5332 but still no luck

rdave13 15:59 PM 20 Aug 11

Run Belarc to see what audio controller you have then try a search for Win7 64 bit drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…