Acer aspire 5000 keybord problem

aimeec 14:53 22 Mar 08

I have an Acer Aspire 5000 laptop and bought it around 19 months ago and its out of warranty (dont even get me started) went to the place i bought it who sent me to acer.

basically the keyboard and trackpad dont work. The keyboard will so very rarely repond to a key then stop again. the mouse pad doesnt work and a USB mouse is ok

does anyone know a way to fix this. I tried to uninstall the keyboard and reinstall it but i think my computer knew what i planned as every time i try this it freezes

any ideas are wlecomed.

aimeec 17:50 23 Mar 08

anyone got any ideas as its still not working.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 23 Mar 08

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

aimeec 21:14 25 Mar 08

where is the run box. do you mean to just click on start then run? if so i cant type anything - the keyboard doesnt work. windows is preinstalled on the harddrive so thats nto a worry. any tips tongiht is good as i need it for work in the morning. thanks all

aimeec 21:17 25 Mar 08

randomly it started working!

and i swear i didnt do anything.

anyone got any tips on how to get my laptop to run smoother? as this is sill ynow - it freezes randomly!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now