Acer Aspire 3620 Startup Problem

HeavyT 00:27 12 Sep 06

Hi,

When I turn on my Acer laptop it will run the acer loading screen and then the windows loading screen (as usual) and then instead of starting up into the desktop, the screen goes black. The cursor is still on the screen and functional but nothing else is.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

I have tried running safe mode and the only thing that does is put "safe mode" in the corners of the black screen.

I do not have an Acer Startup disk so i cannot boot from it.

Could this be a RAM problem? I took the RAM out and put it back in but that didn't help.

Once when I restarted the machine it checked the C: before going to the black screen, only once however.

Does anyone have an suggestions? Should I buy new RAM?

sean-278262 01:13 12 Sep 06

It doesnt sound like a ram problem you need to find someone with a bootable windows CD

click here

Usually they look like that. Then set your bios to boot from CD (often just setting the CD drive as teh first boot device will do)

and then boot xp from the CD see what this does and get back to us. Check with friends anyone with a windows PC may have one. Note that not all bootable CDs for XP look the same but most look like the above. Out of the 5 licences I have 4 look like the above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…