Acer Aspire 1310 repair

bovthedog 18:06 03 Jun 07

Am trying to repair this laptop which has no power. Have removed all the cover screws but am unable to get the cover off as it is held somewhere along the hinge edge. Does anyone know how to remove the cover?

Gongoozler 20:54 03 Jun 07

There is quite a lot of information about repairing laptops here click here. Hopefully one of the articles will help.

conrail 22:07 03 Jun 07

2 laptops in the family so bumping for info I hope I never need

Gongoozler 16:47 04 Jun 07

Sorry about the link. Try this one click here

bovthedog 10:56 06 Jun 07

Answer to this lies under the push button/LED facia strip which when removed reveals more fixing screws. The power problem is a broken DC power socket.

Chris_25 08:27 27 Jun 07

Hey bovthedog,
Did you succeed on repairing your Aspire? I'm also having problems with the battery from my 1310. I thought I was the battery but I think there is some problem with the motherboard since a second battery had the same problem as the first one (does not charge any more, blinking light red-green and reporting 0% or 100%)
Thanks for your support
Chris

bovthedog 10:15 27 Jun 07

Well yes and no to the repair question. I found the screws holding the cover on were under the push button/LED facia which lifts off. Then I found the DC socket was broken and not making contact with the mobo so I replaced this and power was ok. This is weakest point on a laptop considering how many times the mains lead is connected. BUT then I found that the HDD had a problem in the OS partition so wouldn't boot.

Gongoozler 15:17 28 Jun 07

New hard drive then click here., or will a reformat solve the problem?

bovthedog 20:04 28 Jun 07

Thanks G, I have data in the second partition to recover. When I've done this I'll try a reformat before buying a new one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now