Acer AL1916W Widescreen

cocoavilla 20:02 28 Oct 07

After installing my new widescreen I seem to have a choice of displaying my photos much wider than original (so everyone looks 2 stones heavier)or having very slightly blurred text in my emails etc. Is there a setting that would display photos in their correct proportions as well as show text clearly?
Thanks in advance.

ambra4 00:54 29 Oct 07

You need to set the resolution on the computer to the lcd a 19" wide screen 1440 x 900 maximum resolution

Check that your display card can handle the 1440X900 resolution and a refresh rate of 60Hz

Right click on desktop-properties-settings-adjust screen resolution to 1440 X 900

if you can not get the correct resolution you may have to change the display card or try updating the driver

A 22" wide screen require 1680 x 1050 maximum resolution

lynyrdskynyrd 08:55 31 Oct 07

Thanks Ambra4.
I have tried the resolution and it won't go to 1440 x 900.
I then tried downloading the driver from Acer but don't know how to install it after saving it.
My computer seems convinced I still have my old monitor. Not the most user friendly bit of kit is it?

ambra4 12:10 31 Oct 07

How to install new display driver

Unzip to a folder on desktop Name Display driver

Right click My Computer-Properies-Hareware-Device Manager

Display Adapter-Right Click- Right Click Display card-Update driver

Hardware Wizard will popup, tick No, not this time

Next-Tick Install from a list or specific location

Next-browse to the desktop click the driver folder

Next and driver will start to install if you did it correct

If you still cannot get the correct 1440X900 resolution you should looking at a new

display card

If display port is build on the motherboard you will need a new display card

Check the motherboard for the correct type of display card required AGP or PCI-E if you

buy the wrong one it will not fit on motherboard so make sure before buying

To get the information on your Computer, motherboard, etc download this program and run

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…