Acer AL1916 Tft

Rayflan 23:06 21 Jan 06

Evening all, I'm new to this forum so go easy.

I've got an Acer Al1916 Tft monitor and the picture quality is awful. Am I missing something with the setup. Text and images have shadows on them. I've tried different refresh rates and screen resolutions and the only one almost acceptable is 800x600 at 60Hz ?.

Any ideas ?

Cheers Ray.

VoG II 23:10 21 Jan 06

What size is the screen? Mine is 17" and my resolution is set at 1024 x 678.

Also see click here

Rayflan 23:15 21 Jan 06

It's a 19inch and the native resolution should be 1280x1024

VoG II 23:29 21 Jan 06

The native resolution should give the best display, unsurprisingly.

Can you post a screen shot? Press the PrtScrn button or similar then open Paint or any other image software and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Save it then go to click here click the browse button and locate the saved image. Click Host It! then, when it has loaded, copy the 'Direct link to image', come back here and post it.

Rayflan 23:39 21 Jan 06

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

VoG II 23:44 21 Jan 06

Yes it looks pretty bad. Have you tried the MS Cleartype (see my earlier posting).

Also go into Device Manager, right click your graphics card and select Update Drivers (whilst connected to the internet).

Rayflan 08:29 22 Jan 06

I've tried cleartype and have the lastest drivers.
I've also tried a different graphics card with the same results.

Plugged the tft into the output of my laptop this morning and the picture is perfect ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…