acer 5315 shutdown problem help

martan 20:54 20 Aug 13
Answered

hi i have an acer 5315 laptop running windows vista home premium when i come to shut my laptop down nothing happens so i have to force a shutdown. i can bring up the pop up menu and click shutdown but nothing happens so i have to force a shutdown then when i come to start it again i have to click start windows normally. what can i do to repair this problem please thank you

morddwyd 09:29 21 Aug 13
Answer

I have a 5738 with the same problem.

A workaround is to go into Control Panel and set the power settings to shut down when you close the lid, or when you press the power button.

nfdowds 15:43 31 Aug 13

Hi , The shutdown process problem you are having could be down to a corrupt registry file . Can i suggest you look for a free registry fixer utility on the internet . But before you clean or change your registry settings be sure to back up the registry ( most utility programs give you the option to backup before scans are run) Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…