Acer 5002 laptop question.

pete63uk 20:03 12 Jan 11

Hi, i need to know how important the switch which is operated when the lid is closed is. I ask because when I was replacing the power connector, the switch got broken. Now when I plug in the power supply, the battery charges but the laptop does not turn on.

I know the switch turns off the monitor but the PC should still start. I need to know if this switch is operated when the lid is up or when it is down. I either need a new switch or maybe I can link it out? If anyone knows anything about this switch I would be grateful. I imagine they are generic.

Thank You, Pete.

Terry Brown 20:47 12 Jan 11

Think of it as the same as a door light switch on your car.
When you open the door you complete the circuit and the power flows to the light.Shut the door and the power cuts off.

With a laptop, when you open the lid, the power flows to the circuit, until you shut down manually,or if you shut the lid when it goes to standby.

The switch covers all power ro the monitor and computer.

Terry

pete63uk 21:31 12 Jan 11

OK, that sounds reasonable. Do you know if the switch has just 2 contacts on it? If so, I can probably bridge it out if that wouldn't cause any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…