Acer 3050 boot cd

pj1664 20:34 16 Mar 09

I am trying to help a friend of mine to create a acer boot cd,according to the manual by pessing Alt + F10 when xp loads would open up a page that allows you to create backup or restore a previous backup or even create a boot cd in case the system crash but I have tried pressing thr Alt and F10 key but nothing happends.
I am missing something. Has anyone ever created a boot cd for Acer?

Terry Brown 21:42 16 Mar 09

This should do the trick.
click here

Terry

pj1664 22:12 21 Mar 09

Thanks Terry, I have previously been on this site but it only has drivers cd and not the operating system by acer, that what I really need,

MAJ 22:27 21 Mar 09

On most laptops I have worked on, pj664, it's usual that F10, rather than Alt+F10, that's pressed to access those options.

Acronis True Image might be a better bet if that doesn't work, or check the hard drive's manufacturer's site for a free application that allows you to image the drive, some have an application to do that.

pj1664 20:07 22 Mar 09

Thanks for your help maj, I will try that.

Slamdunka 21:28 22 Mar 09

Hi, i have almost the same machine, have you changed the os to vista or downgraded to 2000 becuase doing this can destroy the recovery partition, if so you can get recovery disks from acers :click here

you can also contact them by email... They have been very helpful in my perspective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…