Acer 2350 blank screen

cherie 22:57 14 Oct 05

I have an Acer Travelmate 2350 which was working yesterday when connected to a SmartBoard. I turned it on today & all I get after the initial Acer screen is a blank screen. I tried to see it on my home network but it isn't there. HELP!!! could it be the Hard Drive as it seems to start & then stop?

Diodorus Siculus 08:41 15 Oct 05

It could be that it expects to be connected to the smartboard again and is outputting to an external source.

If you have a manual it should tell you how to toggle between outputs.

cherie 10:12 15 Oct 05

Thanks, Diodorus Siculus. Unfortunately the SmartBoard is in the school where I teach so I'll have to wait until Monday to try that. I'll let you know what happens!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:47 15 Oct 05

From the online manaul click here

Nothing appears on the screen.

The computer’s power management system automatically blanks the screen to save power. Press any key to turn the display back on.

If pressing a key does not turn the display back on, three things might be the cause:

• The brightness level might be too low. Press <Fn>+<?> (increase)
to adjust the brightness level.

• The display device might be set to an external monitor. Press the
display toggle hot key <Fn>+<F5> to toggle the display back to the computer.

• If the Sleep indicator is lit, the computer is in Sleep mode. Press and release the power button to resume.

In your case I would sugest pressing Fn+ F5 to toggle the diplay.

cherie 10:58 15 Oct 05

Thanks,Fruit Bat /\0/\. I've already tried all those suggestions and none of them work!! I fear the worst!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…