acer 2312lm laptop no power up

mjjordan 11:23 11 May 08

Hi, my daughter's Acer 2312lm laptop shows light for ac power and light for battery when either used individually, so power going in does not seem to be a problem, but pressing the on switch produces nothing. Currently have battery out and ac lead out for next half hour to try again later. Any other thoughts, is there a reset switch somewhere and if found and pressed what would be the result, is it a dead motherboard? - help....

Taff™ 11:32 11 May 08

With the battery and power lead out. Hold the power on button for 30 seconds. Plug in the mains lead only and try to reboot.

mjjordan 22:53 11 May 08

Thanks Taff. I tried it, now have no power lights on laptop at all and still no power up - any further thoughts?

Taff™ 05:56 12 May 08

Repeat the process. I`ve had exactly the same happen on an IBM Thinkpad. This seems to be related to the power/battery module which is either mounted on the motherboard or a separate board near the hinge assembly. Doing this process resets (drains) a capacitor or something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…