acer 1350 aspire hard drive

loum1 21:35 01 Dec 06

hi am having trouble formating my hard drive
i havetried booting the windows disk from the setup menu but for some reason i am unable to do this
is there another way to format it bearing in mind that i am female and technophobic
cheers lou x

Diodorus Siculus 21:43 01 Dec 06

Being female won't make a difference, I promise!

Being technophobic won't make much either!

click here for a guide to booting from CD. As long as the BIOS is set to boot from CD before hard drive, you should be able to boot with your CD. What sort of CD is it? IE a full disk? Recovery disk? What version of Windows?

loum1 21:59 01 Dec 06

i have no idea if it is a full disk or recovery disk but i do know that it is the windows xp home edition
lou

ed-0 22:03 01 Dec 06

You should have 2 or 3 disks that came with the laptop.

You start the computer with disk 1 in the cdrom. it should then give you options on the installation of windows. One option should be to set the hard drive back to factory settings. This would be the same as when you first bought it.

ed-0 22:11 01 Dec 06

Here is another thread in which the Acer laptop has been, eventually set back to factory settings click here

loum1 20:32 05 Dec 06

hey thanks guys this has been a big help thankyou
loum1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…