ACE DivX Player

Novice-2 10:44 28 Nov 03

Someone has given a website address

click here

to download the above ACE DivX Player program but I am reluctant to do so until I know more about it. For one thing, it says "it replaces Media Player," and that worries me because Media Player seems OK.

Have any of you kind people any views, opinions or advice please?

Diodorus Siculus 10:57 28 Nov 03

Well, a simple question: does Media Player do all that you want of it? Or do you need a DivX player? Why was it suggested that you download it?

Anyway, I am sure that both can be used together.

Novice-2 11:05 28 Nov 03

Originally, I was finding it difficult to get a codec to run .avi files properly - and somebody said this program comes with a suitable .avi codec incorporated in it.

However, MS tell me that Media Player should play .avi files - and suggest the one I tried to play may have been corrupted in some way to make it unplayable.

Diodorus Siculus 11:10 28 Nov 03

From my reading of it, ACE player will sit comfortably with WMP - you can configure one or the other to be a default player for AVI files.

Try a reinstall of WMP if it is not playing as it should.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…