Accsess code for router help

golfpro 07:50 08 Jun 09

I have a Linksys wrt54gl-de router which I have been using on my home network for about twelve months. I would like to put an access code into it now for privacy purposes, how do I go about this, is there a way to do this without disturbing all the settings.
My internet conection is via cable, and I use one PC and two laptops.

Taff™ 08:18 08 Jun 09

You might like to download the manual from this site and work through chapter two. click here

Taff™ 08:26 08 Jun 09

Sorry, Chapter 3 has the information for wireless security. Basically you should log into the router admin pages by typing 192.168.1.1 leaving the username blank and the password is admin. (You need to change this) Then go about setting up WPA-PSK encryption for the wireless network. I`d also recommend changing the SSID (Broadcast Name) for the wireless network - it`s probably set to "Linksys" at the moment.

golfpro 08:33 08 Jun 09

Thanks Taff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…